Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Arroz Caldo or Lugaw


Arroz Caldo or Lugaw

When I can't make this on my own strength. I would always ask my mother to cook this for me. And it would make me feel better after eating it. Its a great soup coz when my other senses are down i can always count on the salt and ginger to make my taste buds tingle. (sound's dirty). lol


Ingredients:

1 kilo chicken; cut in small pieces
1 cup uncooked malagkit or plain rice or combination
1 small onion; chopped
4 cloves garlic; chopped
1 root ginger; sliced
6 cups water or broth
Fish sauce
Cooking oil
Salt to taste (optional)
Chicken bouillon cubes (optional)
1 tablespoon minced fried garlic (for garnishing)
1 tablespoon scallions (for garnishing)
2 boiled eggs

Cooking Instructions:
1.In a casserole, sauté garlic, onion, and ginger in oil.

2.Add chicken and stir fry with fish sauce until light browned. Drain any remaining oil and then add rice.

3.Add enough water and bring to boil. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender and rice is done (add hot water if necessary).

4.Season with fish sauce according to taste.  Serve hot in a bowl. Garnish on top with fried minced garlic, eggs and scallions.

Great with Towa't Baboy.



Gray Line New York City Tour in Foreign Languages with All Loops Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment