Thursday, October 6, 2011

Humba Braised Pork Belly w/ Sugar (pig's feet Version)


15% Off Any Meal Plan
            
So One day me and my friend is deciding what to bring to work, My friend really love's pork. Come on who doesn't? (maybe vegetarian, Muslims, vegan, healthy buffs etc. But he really like's humba. He talks about and it makes my mouth water's. So he dare's me to make it. He want's it like the way that his father makes it. Don't know what that taste like, so to I went to the back of my mind remembered the way my aunts use to make it.  This comes pretty close to what he wants.
Ingredients :
  • 1 lb. pork belly, (In my case my friends wanted pork's feet.  Frozen once at the supermarket is cut into serving already.)
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/3 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 4 bay leaf (it just smell's better)
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper or 1 tsp. peppercorns
  • 1 tsp. oil
  • salt to taste
  • hard-boiled eggs (optional)

  •        Combine all ingredients in a big pot and bring to a boil.  Lower heat and simmer for about an hour or until pork belly or hocks is tender.  You may wish to adjust the taste according to your style and liking. 
  •      If you want to add some potatoes and hard-boiled eggs in this dish, potatoes usually cook about 15 minutes.  It’s up to you whether you like it very soft or just tender to bite.  You may add it halfway of the cooking time or later.  As for the eggs let it sits for a few minutes before its done to let the sauces covered into it.
  • Serve it with white rice,  Serve hot. 
  • Tips: What i always do is, Boil the meat first to soften in another pot, for an hour then Mix it in with the rest of the ingredients:
  • WARNING: to much Pork can be hazardous.



Kindle fire The Grab-n-Go Pack Accessory Kit will give you clean water and heat when you need to "grab and go.” Order it Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment